Thursday, May 13, 2010

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics! YES!


I also finally purchased the range of OC Lip Tars today! OC actually stands for Obsessive Compulsive, so you know I had to have them! They are 100% vegan and animal cruelty free, they're free of parabens and look amazing on camera. Plus, a little goes a really, really long way. The tests amounts per strip on my hands were about the size of a rice granule, no kidding! After getting my new little darlings home and testing them out, I have already found my favourites (top to bottom):

NSFW 
A blue based red

Anime
A neon pink

Demure
A rich, purplish fushcia

Pageant
'Beauty Queen' fushcia

Grandma
A clean, classic coral - perfect for bridal. In fact, perfect for any occasion! I'm wearing it out tonight!

I purchased these for $14 each at the ACMUSE store in Annandale. They have a website where you can shop online too!
  
Do you like my blossoms?!

Unfortunately if I want to have pretty blooms in my apartment, they have to be fake. 
My housemate is a red Burmese, Charlie Ho Mah. He's allergic to most plants. Since he likes to chew on everything and since I love being surrounded by prettiness, I have to suffice with plastic florals.

Meet Charlie Ho Mah. My naughty little munchkie!

He's a sookie and loves cuddles with his Mummy, drinking water out of the tap rather than from his bowl, stealing used makeup wedge sponges out of the garbage bin (he can open the cupboard door all on his own), fake mice, chewing expensive shoes, getting in to Mum's closet and chewing off the waist ties on Leona Edmiston dresses and jumping in to the handbags of my friends and clients when they come over.

xx


Christina Cleary
Sydney Makeup Artist



4 comments:

Christina said...

An update! I used 'Pageant' on one of my regulars today and she loved it! Teamed it with purple/cornflower blue eyes and glowing cheeks and it just looked divine!

I did wear Grandma out last night and I got so many compliments on how good I looked! I swear it was the lips!

Miss Neesh said...

Thanks for this post Christina, I've just found your blog and I'm very happy to add another Aussie blogger to my follow list!

I have a seen a lot about these OCC lip tars but I don't think I'm ready to take the plunge yet! They're a bit too intense for me for everyday I think.

I tried to follow your link to the ACMUSE online shop but I think you've accidentally left off the .au on the end. I figured it out in the end. However, I will totally have to check out this shop in person I think!

Charlie Ho Mah is a very cute little man :D I LOVE Burmese kitties but I've never seen a red one before - very jealous!

Keep up the informative blogging, I love the reviews and swatches!

xxx
Miss Neesh

Christina said...

Hi Miss Nesh,

Thank you for your beautiful comments!!!

Charlie is gorgeous - he's blonde on his belly, and red on his top...so cute!

That website has changed now. It is now http://www.scottysmakeup.com.au/ but I am purchasing most of my products now at http://www.lehved.com.au who also sell OCC Lip Tars!

I have been tardy with my blog postings in the past 2 months because I have been SO incredibly busy working, but I am always updating my facebook page and endeavour to get back to blogging as soon as I have a minute very soon!

CC x

Miss Neesh said...

Hi Christina,

I'm now looking to lock in a makeup artist for my wedding and I'd love to speak to you about it! The wedding's on Saturday the 12th of November 2011 at 3pm in the city in Sydney and if you're not already booked I'd love to chat to you! You can email me at neeshy at gmail . com if you like :)

Also thanks for that link - lehved have imju fiberwig (for if I ever run out of the 3 tubes I stocked up on when I was in Japan) and they have lime crime too!


Looking forward to hearing from you!

xxx
Neesh

Post a Comment