Tuesday, May 18, 2010

YOU CAN!

It has been a very busy week my friends!

On Monday night one of my regulars needed my services for a red carpet event, Dr Louise Messara (you may recognise her as a contributor for Channel 9's Today Show where she often talks about women's health).

Louise is the Executive Director of the SONY Foundation - a leg of SONY which raises funds and awareness for disadvantaged youth . In conjunction with CanTeen, they recently launched 'You Can' to raise $15 million to build youth cancer centre's of excellence in Australia.

In support of 'You Can', SONY teamed up with the Australian Captains' Dinner at Astral, Star City which was MC'd by Alan Jones and attended by many celebrities, our sporting Captains and stars and our politicians such as Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott. It was all over the news on Monday night...Channel 9 even did their weather report from the red carpet. As I was leaving the valet parking I saw Kevin Rudd, Ricky Ponting and one of my favourites Bob Hawke!

I haven't found any red carpet photographs of Louise yet - but I'm still looking! She mentioned they will be in the Sunday papers and in Women's Day, New Idea etc.

Speaking of which, look out for yellow envelopes in this weekends newspapers and donate your old mobile phones to this great cause. Every mobile phone raises $5! It's a very worth cause, and it means that teenagers who have cancer are in their own, suitable facilities rather than in wards with much older people who require completely different treatments for cancer.
I saw Louise again this morning. This time she had a lengthy slot on the 9:00-10:00am Channel 10 news with Natarsha Belling. In the studio sitting opposite Natarsha, Louise spoke about 'You Can'...and I took a few little snaps with my iPhone!



It's definitely not true that for television you have to pack on the foundation.

I used MAC Face and Body which is a really light textured foundation and Louise's skin looked amazing on TV!
I realise the photo resolution isn't the best...but you get the idea!



I also used MAC Romp eyeshadow, a bronze golden brown, with NARS Surabuya to accentuate around the outer corner of her lids, a tight line of MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack along her lashline and MAC Retrospeck on her brow bone. Her cheeks were accentuated with MAC Sculpt powder in B18 and given colour with MAC Blush in Springsheen and NARS Blush in Orgasm. I used MAC Chic lipstick on her lips.



xx


Christina Cleary
Sydney Makeup Artist

2 comments:

Mishella said...

Louise looks gorgeous!! AND what an awesome event! My godson is dealing with Biphenotypic Leukemia which is quite rare and he is turning 12 in a couple of mths.......Thank god he is still young enough to be treated at Sydney Childrens Hospital. The crap he has had to go through would be 100 times worse if he was older and in an Adult ward. Send your phones in people!!! The teens need their own place!!!

Christina said...

Thanks Michelle :)

Aww...well hopefully by the time he becomes a teen there will be facilities for him outside of the Children's Hospital! Louise is working hard on it ;)

Post a Comment