Friday, June 25, 2010

How to transform a natural look into an evening look

I did a trial today on the absolutely gorgeous face of Daniela. She has the most beautiful skin and eyebrows to die for! 

In this post, I am going to show you how a few very subtle applications can completely change a look! These tips are great if you wear a natural makeup and don't know how to transform that look in to an evening face.

Daniela wanted a very natural look, so I used MAC Face & Body foundation, a translucent powder to set, Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing Lotion in Pearl down the centre of her nose and on her high cheekbones, MAC Emphasize for shading under her cheekbones  and on her forehead, and NARS Orgasm on the apples of her cheek (she has the cutest dimples!). On her eyes I used MAC Romp, NARS Surabaya duo, MAC Woodwinked and MAC Ricepaper on her brow bone. Her lip colour was a custom mix that I made up.


I wanted Daniela to see how simply this look can be changed with some false lashes, so I added a half set on the outer top lash line and a soft line of black brown liner to blend the lashes.

See the difference!? Her natural look is now more 'polished' and her eyes have opened up. I didn't change anything else on her face.













Then I wanted to show Daniela how black eyeliner, in the lower inner rim of her lash line could transform this natural day look. Many women are afraid that lining their eyes with a black liner will make their eyes appear smaller. What do you think!? Daniela's eyes actually appear larger and her face more harmonised.















Since it was also Daniela's birthday and she was going to a surprise dinner, I didn't want her to go with her 'bridal' look, so I added some charcoal eyeshadow to her eyelid socket and a smokey line of shadow under her lower lashes. I cannot wait for Daniela's wedding day!

And that, my friends, is how a few subtle applications can completely transform a natural look...makeup isn't hard, so don't be afraid to just try!

xx

Christina Cleary
Sydney Makeup Artist

2 comments:

Amy said...

So simple, yet so very affective, and what a beautiful face to work with.

Shane White | Wedding Video Sydney said...

Well done, a very natural look. Great to see the progress shots

Post a Comment