Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Beauty Blender Review


I was given a Beauty Blender as a gift yesterday. I've always wanted to buy one, but I couldn't justify the $29.95 when I have an abundant supply of disposable wedges. As soon as it was given to me I couldn't wait to try it out and see it was as great as the magazines say it is...I thought "Blog! Review!".

The Beauty Blender is a "hot pink, teardrop shaped, latex-free and hypo-allergenic makeup sponge used to create a flawless makeup application". And it delivered! I dampened it a little bit (the instructions say this is how it works best) and away I went, stippling (bouncing) it all over my face. I used the tip end for concealing the corners of my eyes and around my nostrils...my foundation application was perfect!

After use, I cleaned it with the Beauty Blender Cleanser as recommended and left it to dry in it's perch (the packaging it comes in...which you keep for this reason).

You can purchase it through Lehved makeup supplies, either on their website or at their cute little store in Surry Hills (the owner, Eve is absolutely lovely!).

The Beauty Blender was awarded Allures Magazine Winner for the "Best of Beauty" in the category of Beauty Tools for 2007 & 2008...and now I know why.

I highly recommend!

xx


Christina Cleary
Sydney Makeup Artist 

2 comments:

Lucille Loren said...

Hello there.... lovely to meet a kindred spirit!
I've tried to leave a message before and it didn't come up, so if you got it sorry for the repeat.... just wondering what bases you think are the best... thinking of changing mine.
x Lucy

Christina said...

Hi Lucille,

Sorry for taking so long to respond to you! I'm about to post a few new blogs, one including my excuse :)

I LOVE Make Up For Ever foundations. I also love MAC Face & Body (but you have to have pretty good skin to pull it off every day because it's very light in texture). On the higher end, Armani foundaitons are fantastic, as are Chanel.

CC x

Post a Comment