Wednesday, May 26, 2010

So Fresh & So Clean

At the moment, I'm working Mondays to Sundays, and this weekend I'm working on a film (which means very long hours) so today I tried to have some time to myself. I was spoiled to a lovely 'Complete Revitalising Overhaul' package at my favourite beauty day spa, Beauty at the Bay in Double Bay. The girls there are so lovely...and they always remember you...it's like time out with your girlfriends!

I was pampered for 3 hours with:
  • Body exfoliation with Canadian salt deposits on a warm bed of steam (Vichy)
  • Re-energising cocoon of natural clay from Canada (found 1000
    metres beneath the surface) in the hydrothermal steamer (Vichy)
  • A steam bath (Vichy)
  • Lifting intense facial 
  • Manicure
  • Pedicure
  • Eyebrow tint
  • Eyelash tint
The Vichy is like a human capsule...you lay down and the top closes on top of you, leaving your head outside. Sort of like a tanning bed (but it doesn't give you cancer!). It was a little scary at first, but I was relaxed in no time at all! It's a steamer, a bath and a shower (with lots of nozzles) all in one!

My facial was amazing! Irena used a mask (not exactly sure what it was called) that dried almost like plastic...when she rolled it off and showed me it was like an exact mold of my face!

I feel like a new woman! So fresh and so clean!

Beauty at the Bay give me the best mani and pedi every time and they are extremely hygienic (big tick in my OCD book!). My cuticle beds never dry out after I go there and the paint (OPI) lasts for well over a week (and that's saying a lot, since I work with my hands. When I manicure myself I'm lucky to get a few days value from my nail paint). I don't like the "starbucks" nail salons/beauticians...you know, the ones that are in all the malls and have rows of pedi spa chairs. Most of the girls are not trained properly and they have a bad reputation for being very unhygenic - for example, did you know they are not supposed to use a blade to scrape dead skin from your hooves!?  I always feel like I'm on a money train in those "salons"...customer in, nails done quickly, customer out, $$$, next customer in. Nope, I prefer going to a trained, customer service orientated beautician. Or, if you want to relate it to makeup artists...why go to a department store counter when you can come to me, I get to know you and what you like and we build a professional relationship that's going to satisfy every time you have your makeup done! You get my drift.

Beauty at the Bay use Payot, La Prairie, Babor and Gatineau spa products, and OPI nail polishes. 

Oh, and I receive absolutely no compensation or freebies from them for this post...I always recommend products and services based on my own experiences!


xx


Christina Cleary
Sydney Makeup Artist

0 comments:

Post a Comment