Saturday, May 22, 2010

How to stop your eyeliner budging!


Hi Girls! It's been a hell of a day...my cute little Volkswagen Golf, Betsy (who I haven't had for very long) was smashed while she was parked legally on the side of a road...in 16 years of driving I've not had a car accident, and though I was  not in the car at the time, I am so sad (Christina, remember, it's just a car, you can get another one and never give your car a name...you will get emotionally attached). Sadly the driver of offending vehicle (an elderly man) is in hospital.

Ok...on to happier things...makeup tips! 
We all love a good makeup tip, especially from a makeup artist...right!?

Today a client asked me how to stop her eyeliner traveling during the day. I get this question a fair bit. She said she found that by lunch time, the eyeliner (either top or bottom) travels giving her 'panda eye'. This is because your eye area have tiny glands that secret oil...so you need to address this before you apply your makeup.

Simple remedy! 

Apply your foundation all the way up to your lower eye rim and all over your eyelid. Set it with powder. Or, if you don't use foundation, put powder around your eye so that the eyeliner has something to GRAB on to! This also applies to eye shadow. If you don't wear foundation or powder, try Urban Decay Primer Potion before you apply your eye makeup. This stuff is gold!

My favourite personal look is to wear 'french style' eyeliner along my top lid with a little 'flick' at the ends...I always apply my foundation and powder to my eyelids and my eyeliner never travels (I personally use Christian Dior liquid 'DiorLiner').

If you like to line the lower inner eye rim area with pencil, get a small brush (I use MAC 266 Small Angle Brush) and an eyeshadow in the same colour as your pencil. 
Using your brush, press a small amount of eyeshadow on to the line you have drawn. 
It will feel a little odd at first, because you've just dried the area out...but this will pass and will beautifully seal in your pencil line. It will not only soften the intensity of a stiff line but also make your liner last a lot longer! 

This trick is used by Cameron Diaz's makeup artist...Hollywood actresses don't want to be running to the loo every hour to touch-up their makeup, especially at the Oscars!


xx


Christina Cleary
Sydney Makeup Artist



0 comments:

Post a Comment